Spring brings with it the desire to bare more skin and achieve that natural, sun-kissed glow that is so appealing. There are some skin regimens that consumers may find make their skin more healthful and receptive to the tanning rays of summer. These strategies are also a good routine to adopt during the cold and dark days of winter when individuals may feel the winter blues or have some skin issues arising from the brutal, chafing wind.
Practicing these routines will make skin soft and resistant to the damage that might be brought on from exposure to the elements, and could also result in maintaining that kiss of summer longer for many.
Tips for practical sun-worthy skin include the following:
- Exfoliating is the only way to remove the dead cells and skin that prevent the under-layers from receiving full benefit of the sun's rays. Keep in mind that after exfoliation, skin might be a bit more sensitive to the elements, and consumers should always protect their skin with a moderate to high SPF sunscreen when outside. Exfoliate with a loofah, specialty sponges, or gritty facial scrub and extend strokes to include the neck and under the jaw. Follow exfoliation with a plunge in a cold or ice water sink to close pores and relieve inflamed or irritated areas.
- Circulation is what can prevent wrinkles and lines from appearing on the skin's surface. The best way to improve circulation and blood flow is through rigorous massage. A facial massager is a beneficial and soothing investment for consumers that want to prevent signs of fatigue, frown lines, or tired wrinkles from appearing. Facial massage may firm up and tighten some consumers' facial skin and the experience is a wonderful way to round out facial regimens or beauty routines before heading out to the beach, or when returning from a day in the sun.
- Under-moisturized skin is at risk of flaking, wrinkles, and a tired appearance. Find a good versatile moisturizing cream and use it frequently. Keep a jar near the bed or on the table near a desk for regular use and optimal moisturizing. Choose one that is lightly scented, rather than without fragrance. This will allow those who can't recall if they moisturized yet a way to be reminded through the residual aroma left behind. Also, the pleasing scent may inspire many to moisturize more frequently than they may ordinarily.
- Keep brows plucked and invest in waxing treatments every time a hair cut or salon appointment is scheduled. This goes for men as well. Consumers may want to invest in their own self-waxing kits to keep brows, lips, and chins free from unwanted hair, and there are some effective, low-priced ones available on the market in most beauty supply stores. While these are a prudent way to maintain appearance, it is very inexpensive to stop by a salon or hairdresser every ten days or so for a quick, ten-dollar brow wax and shaping. The entire process takes less than ten minutes in most cases. As tempting as it may be, abstain from using a razor or taking it upon one's self to shave unwanted hair from the face. This may result in a coarser textured hair when it returns, according to some people, and at times the hair may grow in darker which may have the appearance of more hair growing in the previously shaved areas of the face and throat.
- Toss all of last year's facial cosmetics including mascara, eye pencils, lip pencils, and shadows, and replace with fresh new make-up. Cosmetics, like anything else, can become old. These may also carry germs or dirt from the year of use, and being batted around a purse or in the bathroom. This is not a huge investment, but it is a very prudent one.
Go to website to find out more.